This is the first webinar in the three-part series, “Selected Issues in Family-Based Immigration.”
For family members residing in the United States and otherwise eligible, adjustment of status provides an avenue to gain permanent residence without having to travel abroad. This webinar will cover strategies and challenges in establishing eligibility for adjustment under INA § 245(a) and § 245(i), including:
- Proof of admission for 245(a) eligibility: border crossing cards, Canadians, waive-throughs.
- Maintaining lawful immigration status for preference category applicants.
- TPS and DACA recipients who return on advance parole.
- Qualifying for 245(i) adjustment as a grandfathered or after-acquired derivative beneficiary.
- Overcoming the public charge ground of inadmissibility.
- CSPA and the effect of the petitioner’s naturalizing.
- Issues particular to marriage-based cases.
- Anatomy of an adjustment interview.
CA MCLE: 1.5
Training prices: Private Attorneys and Staff – $240, Nonprofit Agency Staff – $180, CLINIC Affiliates – $105