This is the first webinar of CLINIC’s four-part series: Selected Issues in Family-Based Immigration.
For family beneficiaries already in the United States, adjustment of status provides an avenue to gain permanent residence without having to travel abroad. This webinar will cover strategies and challenges in establishing eligibility for adjustment under INA § 245(a) and § 245(i), including:
- The impact on adjustment eligibility of recent USCIS guidance regarding TPS holders who traveled on advance parole;
- Proof of admission for 245(a) eligibility;
- Qualifying for 245(i) adjustment as a grandfathered or after-acquired derivative beneficiary;
- USCIS policy on Chart B adjustment filings and CSPA;
- Adjustment eligibility for “arriving aliens”; and
- Challenging denials of adjustment of status applications.
CA MCLE: 1.5
Training prices: CLINIC Affiliates – $140, Nonprofit Agency Staff – $240, Private Attorneys and Staff – $320