This webinar will provide a clear understanding of how to maximize your advocacy, the kinds of advocacy activities 501(c)(3)s can engage in, and when a communication is considered lobbying. Participants will learn:
- How federal tax law permits lobbying for charities and how lobbying is defined;
- One easy step most charities can take to maximize the amount they’re allowed to spend on lobbying;
- Yearly lobbying limits for charities;
- Tips for taking advantage of the narrow definitions of lobbying – which will help charities make the most of their lobbying limit; and
- The application of these rules to ballot measure activities.