One way we can take action to protect our communities is to learn ways to intervene effectively as a bystander without compromising safety. This one-hour, interactive training will teach you Hollaback!’s 5 D’s of bystander intervention methodology.
- We’ll start by talking about the types of disrespect that Asian and Asian American folks are facing right now — from microaggressions to violence — using a tool we call the “spectrum of disrespect.”
- You’ll learn what to look for and the positive impact that bystander intervention has on individuals and communities.
- We’ll talk through five strategies for intervention: distract, delegate, document, delay, and direct; and how to prioritize your own safety while intervening.
- We’ll have time at the end for practice, and you’ll leave feeling more confident intervening the next time you see Anti-Asian and Asian American harassment online or in-person.
* Please note you must register in advance for all trainings. Registration is capped at 1,000 people per training.
Thursday, June 18th at 6:00 pm: Register here
Thursday, June 25th at 3:00 pm: Register here