You are invited to join experts from the National Immigration Litigation Alliance (NILA) as they fill us in on the most recent case law impacting your children’s immigration cases. NILA will be discussing the most up-to-date cases from the federal courts and the BIA, what they mean for your clients, how to use or distinguish them, and any foundational immigration cases you can use to bolster your arguments. This webinar is part of a quarterly series, so in this quarter the following issues will be discussed:
- Litigation surrounding the eligibility of individuals with approved SIJS petitions to get employment authorization documents (EADs).
- The aftermath of Niz-Chavez: Rodriguez v. Garland, No. 20-60008 (5th Cir. Sept. 27, 2021), Spagnol-Bastos v. Garland, 20-60139 (5th Cir. Dec. 3, 2021), and Lima-Gonzalez v. Garland, No. 20-60666 (5th Cir. 2021)
Speakers will include:
- Trina Realmuto, Executive Director, NILA
- Mary Kenney, Deputy Director, NILA
- Kristin Macleod-Ball, Senior Staff Attorney, NILA
This course is pending approval for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of Texas Committee on MCLE in the amount of 1.5 participatory hours of credit.