The midterm elections are coming up this November and the Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) community has historically struggled with voter turnout. However, one issue that consistently motivates the community is the topic of immigration. Join the AAPI committee and their panel of experts as they explore how AAPIs, like other immigrant communities, face obstacles in the immigration system that expand beyond H10B visas and long wait for green cards.
– Dalia Abdelhalim Kasseb, Moderator
– Dr. An Nguyen, Clinical Assistant Professor of Asian American Studies at the University of Houston
– Gordon Quan, Immigration Attorney
– Amina Ishaq, MSW, active community advocate
– Mohammad Sarfaraz. community and political advocate
– Sri Preston Kulkarni TX 22 Congressional Canidate