This virtual training provides an introductory overview of how to start and sustain a removal defense program. Participants will learn:
- differences between removal defense and affirmative practice;
- organizational infrastructure needed to provide removal defense services;
- court etiquette, process, and procedures;
- caseload selection and balance;
- service delivery models and scope of service for removal defense;
- brief introduction to working with clients in detention; and
- fundraising and fees (guided interactive brainstorming session).
This highly interactive training will include live sessions along with scheduled time for interactive exercises and open forum discussions on topics covered. Participants will leave with a plan to create or improve their removal defense program.
Training prices: CLINIC Affiliates – $120, Nonprofit Agency Staff – $130, Private Attorneys and Staff – $200
* Registration deadline: December 9, 2020