All eyes are on immigration, and as leaders of legal services programs, your actions are being felt far and wide. Now more than ever, you must prioritize improving your program and making sure your community knows you are a resource.
Unlike any training before it, this advanced immigration program management course addresses current topics that immigration program directors face, in addition to some of the long-standing challenges in this daily work. It features proven and promising practices that have been tested by other practitioners across the country, within and outside CLINIC’s growing network of affiliates. Through discussion and small group activities, you will have the chance to put many of these concepts into practice before the session ends. Additionally, you will be able to network with your peers who closely understand what it takes to succeed in this role.
This training will include the following:
- Best practices and resources on conducting large-scale know your rights and screening events.
- Effective case management policies, procedures and forms
- Participants are encouraged to bring samples of their case management forms for a thorough review and assessment against best practices. Facilitators will identify how to develop policies and procedures that can accommodate a higher client demand. Expert practitioners will also share how they generate and analyze more data using an electronic case management system.
- Program evaluation techniques
- Many of these common data points can be turned into compelling stories that can be used to gain more stakeholder support and community donations.
- Staffing issues
- Participants will work through exercises that explore common issues that arise in our network.
- Updates on the DOJ Recognition & Accreditation program
- Ethical scenarios
- Participants will work through ethical scenarios and discuss solutions.
The registration deadline is March 5, 2019 or until capacity has been reached.