Presented by: Dalia Castillo-Granados, Director, and Victoria Mora and Chloe Walker, Senior Staff Attorneys, of the Children’s Immigration Law Academy
The ABA Children’s Immigration Law Academy (CILA) invites you to a free webinar presentation providing a review of substantive and procedural changes in immigration law affecting children’s immigration law over the past year. The presentation will highlight both the ups and downs of the past months including creative strategies for litigating in this new environment. The webinar will cover the following topics:
- Staying focused amidst changing policies.
- Changes in children’s asylum law and procedure
- Changes in procedural rules in immigration court
- Changes in Special Immigrant Juvenile adjudications
- Implications of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services proposed immigration regulations relating to the apprehension, detention and release of undocumented immigrant children, and its termination the Flores Settlement Agreement.
- Considerations for representing children separated from their parents.
The presentation aims to provide guidance, including ethical considerations to attorneys on how to litigate in a constantly changing environment as well as point them to resources to guide them along the way.
This training has been approved by the State Bar of Texas for 1.0 participatory hour of CLE credit including .25 hours of ethics credit.
We hope you can join us!