You are invited to join this webinar about the historical context of the marginalization of indigenous peoples and how that impacts the migrant experience, including interactions with the legal system and legal teams, for indigenous people and children. Topics include:
- The history of the marginalization of indigenous peoples in their countries of origin and the status quo
- How the historical and present-day cultural context of indigenous children impacts their interaction with U.S. immigration officials and other immigration systems including advocates and attorneys at ORR shelters and in the community
- Important considerations for working with indigenous children
- Suggestions for working together to overcome challenges for indigenous children in the legal system.
* This training is pending approval by the State Bar of Texas for 1.5 participatory hours of CLE credit, including .25 of ethics.