Website Texas Organizing Project (TOP)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Practice all safety protocols, including COVID-19 safety requirements.
- Build a base of TOP members, the majority of whom are directly impacted by immigration issues, who will participate in demanding changes from decision makers and creating the political climate that allows for those changes to be adopted.
- Using a campaign committee structure, recruit, turn out, and develop community leaders across a variety of low and moderate income neighborhoods of color.
- Consistent (weekly) community outreach and base-building responsibilities, including but not limited to canvassing/door-knocking; phone banking, text banking, etc.
- Organize and drive turnout to events including campaign meetings, press conferences, town halls, and forums, etc.
- Move people to action, by having them complete surveys and any applicable petitions. Survey/petition quantity goals will be set in collaboration with your manager. Organize direct actions, and other tactics to move the campaign forward on a regular basis.
- Consistently track and input data into EveryAction database, training provided
- Coordinate campaign messaging, traditional media work, mass communications, and digital organizing with TOP’s communications and digital department.
- Manage and develop relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Participate in Black immigrant coalition spaces at the state and national level. Develop and manage relationships with partner organizations to move the campaign forward. This may include joint strategy meetings, joint actions or other events, etc.
- Participation in electoral organizing during election season on an as needed basis, including canvassing/door knocking, phone-banking
- Enhance our reputation and brand, and promote our values.
- Collaborate, support and work on other campaigns as necessary.
- Other duties, as required
To apply for this job please visit organizetexas.org.