Website Catholic Charities
What you Deliver:
- You will assist attorneys and Accredited Representatives in and conduct intake and follow-up client appointments to collect information to help discern eligibility for immigration relief, prepare and update client case files and client databases, collect, compile and organize supporting documents for client cases, translate documents between Spanish and English, and draft, prepare and file correspondence and pleadings under the direction of attorneys or Accredited Representatives, draft, prepare and assemble relevant immigration petitions; conduct legal research; write memorandum of law, motions or briefs in support of applications and petitions filed before USCIS. Asylum Office. State, Immigration and federal Courts, Board of Immigration Appeals, Administrative Appeals Office, EOIR, and other immigration agencies. Assist in preparing clients for USCIS interviews, perform interpretations at USCIS, and other interviews as necessary.
- You will maintain case information on case management systems (such as LLX, attorney spreadsheets), update attorney calendars on cases, maintain, organize, and update case files of clients. Perform case management tasks on clients’ cases and records, including file progress notes, correspondence, calendars, and dockets. Maintain case management database, generate statistical report, correct data entry to provide an accurate database on client information, case processes and caseload information.
- You will attended and participation is mandatory in team meetings, Cabrini staff meetings, and other agency meetings. Participate in calls and meetings organized by funders, city-wide advocacy groups, and local service providers when appropriate and helpful.
- You will comply with all contract requirements. Provide data and statistical information for grant, contract and other reporting purposes. Provide accurate and timely monthly data, time logs, and reports for internal use, funder use, and other entity use. Participate in trainings, webinars, meetings, calls, etc. as required by funders.
- You will participate in community outreach and legal education activities, including Charla and other community events, prepare community legal education materials on immigration issues.
- You will perform other duties as assigned by the Legal Directors and/or Managing Attorneys such as assisting with in-house meetings and trainings, coordinate with community partners, engage in coalition activities, participate in staff and agency retreats, assist with special events.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.