Duties / Responsibilities:
- Collaborate in developing and leading innovative federal litigation on behalf of directly impacted immigrant clients.
- Represent clients in federal district and appeals courts, as well as select appeals at the Board of Immigration Appeals. This includes conducting factual investigations; performing legal research; drafting motions, briefs, and other court filings; conducting discovery; and appearing in court.
- Draft amicus briefs in response to amicus invitations at the Board of Immigration Appeals or federal courts, in cases that impact GHIRP clients, as well as collaborating with organizations in drafting amicus briefs.
- Maintain open communication and collaboration with GHIRP’s legal programs to proactively identify issues and build strategic advocacy in response to those issues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, including partner organizations, advocacy groups, law firms, and the private immigration bar.
- Collaborate with the management and communications teams to develop communication strategies around cases and campaigns; serve as spokesperson upon request.
- Develop trainings and webinars for attorneys and legal advocates related to pending litigation.
- Create a pro bono network that includes non-profit organizations, advocacy groups, and private law firms to support and assist in client litigation.
- Provide mentorship and trainings to recruit and train pro bono attorneys.
- Serve as a leader who contributes to GHIRP’s collaborative culture across all departments.
- Participate in trainings, calls, and meetings with funders and technical assistance providers to stay up to date with new legal and programmatic developments.
- Support special events and donation drives, as needed.
- Participate in regular peer and supervisor review meetings and legal trainings.
- Perform all other duties as needed and/or as directed by supervisor.
For more information, please see job description.
* To Apply: Send Cover Letter and Resume to Chiqui@ghirp.org
To apply for this job email your details to Chiqui@ghirp.org