Duties / Responsibilities:
- Conduct child-friendly and trauma-informed legal services for unaccompanied minors and immigrant youth, including providing Know Your Rights (KYR) presentations, individual screenings, pro se assistance, referrals, and direct legal representation.
- Provide Friend of Court assistance to children detained at HHS/ORR facilities, and represent released children before the Houston Immigration Courts and Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA).
- Prepare and file applications for legal relief, and represent clients before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), state courts, and related entities.
- Manage a heavy caseload with complex immigration issues.
- Coordinate the provision of holistic client services with paralegals, social services coordinators, and other legal support staff, as well as pro bono attorneys, interns, and volunteers.
- Ensure contract compliance, including helping to prepare funder reports and ensuring that data is entered accurately and timely as required.
- Participate in working groups, trainings, calls, and meetings with funders and technical assistance providers to stay up-to-date with new legal and programmatic developments.
- Collaborate with other agencies, stakeholders, and service providers to procure client services and network with like-minded organizations.
- Provide mentorship and trainings in order to recruit and train pro bono attorneys.
- Participate in regular peer and supervisor review meetings and legal trainings.
- Support special events and donation drives, as needed.
- Perform all other duties as needed and/or as directed by supervisor.
For more information, please see job description.
* To Apply: Send Cover Letter and Resume to AlexaS@ghirp.org
To apply for this job email your details to AlexaS@ghirp.org