- Provide both mentoring to KIND pro bono attorneys and direct legal representation to KIND clients.
- In the pro bono mentoring function, provide robust consultation and technical assistance to pro bono attorneys who have accepted a KIND case.
- In the direct representation function, perform ordinary functions of legal counsel including legal research and formulating the legal strategy for the case; conducting client interviews; appearing before immigration and/or state courts or agencies; and drafting and filing court pleadings and applications for benefits.
- Supervise interns and/or other non-attorney staff as needed including:
- Onboarding, skills training, daily support and coaching, review and quality assurance of filings, regular check-ins and performance evaluations, and provision of consistent and effective supervision and oversight.
- Place cases with pro bono attorneys and actively build relationships between KIND and the pro bono community.
- In coordination with KIND’s Training and Technical Assistance Team and the local field office Senior Attorney/s, as needed, help develop pro bono training resources and local training curriculum, including sample filings and guidance packets. With supervision, present trainings to pro bono attorneys and community groups.
- Contribute to overall office functioning, including actively participating in field office and KIND-wide calls and meetings, field office and KIND-wide committees, and assisting with office events.
- Ensure entry of timely, accurate, and detailed case data into KIND’s case management systems.
- Represent KIND at local coalitions, courts, and agencies.
To apply for this job please visit supportkind.org.