Website The YMCA
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide legal screenings and intakes, advice and counseling, legal workshops, community outreach, and direct legal representation in immigration matters.
- Direct representation includes representing clients before the Immigration Court, US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), state courts (if applicable), and appeals before the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) and federal courts.
- Manage a heavy caseload with complex immigration issues.
- Ensure contract compliance, including submitting any necessary monthly reports and ensuring that data is entered accurately and timely as required.
- Organize and maintain client files for reporting purposes.
- Collaborate with other agencies, stakeholders, and service providers to procure client services and network with like-minded organizations.
- Provide mentorship and trainings in order to recruit and train pro bono attorneys.
- Meet timelines and deadlines related to supporting systems and employee compliance. Example includes but are not limited to Kronos Workforce Ready for review and approval of time sheets.
- Perform all other duties as directed by Supervisor, including airport pickup of newly arrived refugees and food pantry distribution
To apply for this job please visit ymcahouston.org.