Website Workers Defense Project
This Role in Action:
- Supervising the provision of legal services in WDP’s Houston office by offering legal advice, referrals, pro se support, and direct representation to WDP members in strategic employment cases;
- Conducting legal research and writing to support WDP’s programs, campaigns, and operations; preparing resources and training staff;
- Coordinating with WDP staff to design and manage campaigns aimed at raising construction industry standards and expanding participation in the Better Builder® Program through legal and community-based strategies that support the leadership development of WDP members and advance WDP’s organizing and outreach efforts;
- Providing training sessions to WDP members and community allies on workers rights; designing and updating know-your-rights materials in both English and Spanish;
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with attorneys, government agencies, and other community organizations;
- Recruiting, training, and supervising interns, law students, and volunteers; and
- Representing WDP in meetings with community partners, elected officials, funders, and the media, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit workersdefense.org.