https://www.houstonimmigration.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Reproductive-Justice-for-Immigrant-Women.jpg 788 940 HILSC https://www.houstonimmigration.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/logo_hilsc.png HILSC2022-07-21 18:55:212022-07-21 19:02:56Reproductive justice is not all lost in the post-Roe world. Check out some resources.
Reproductive justice is not all lost in the Post-Roe world, here are some resources:
- Uninsured, undocumented, or in limbo immigration status (e.g. DACA, TPS)? You have healthcare options.
- Federally qualified health centers (FQHCs) are low-cost centers that provide care for low income people, regardless of immigration status.
- In Harris County, Harris Health provides services and a financial assistance program.
- Need reproductive health resources? Consider mutual aid efforts: Many mutual aid funds are still in operation to support women who need access to an abortion. Some are on “pause” to assess what is allowed without threat of legal repercussion (see Houston Chronicle article).
- Mutual aid fund still in operation:
- Mutual aid funds on pause:
- Frontera Fund
- Lilith Fund – If you live in Texas and would like to talk to Lilith Fund to discuss your pregnancy options, please call 1.877.659.4304 on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday between 7am-10am CST and leave a message. A member of the team will call you back.
- Remember, reproductive justice is health justice, not one less. Here are organizations working on reproductive justice in Texas:
- National Latina Institute for Reproductive Justice
- You can also visit NeedAbortion.org for a list of resources.
- If you need to talk to someone, call ALL OPTIONS.
- Information is power. Learn more about the recent Supreme Court decision and its impact on our work.